The basis of green infrastructure is biodiverse, low carbon sustainable solutions.Salix have developed a range of nature-based solutions that sequester or lock in carbon and create low maintenance, diverse ecological networks. Advantages
- Our green infrastructure projects use low carbon construction materials and installation.
- Provides soil erosion control and long-term surface stability on steep slopes and embankments.
- We work with local growers, manufacturers and suppliers to create a range of environmentally appropriate products and solutions.
- Biochar is a key component of our solutions, created from recovered and recycled organic materials which improve soil conditions whilst indefinitely locking carbon within the landscape.
- Construction programmes and costs can be greatly reduced using our nature-based solutions.
Salix were brought in as specialist experts in erosion management at an embankment in Rodbourne.
Soft engineered ‘Green Swale Grass Channel’ attenuates road run-off water, filters suspended solids, and traps hydro carbons and heavy metals, significantly imp…